2008-08-30

Update

So I finally did manage to get my medication. Yesterday after Abby went to school, I packed up Hayden and went to Walgreens, thinking we'd go to the park afterwards. But we never made it to the park, because we spent about an hour and a half at Walgreens, waiting for the pharmacists and doctors to communicate with each other! I guess originally the prescription request got faxed to the first office but the doctor works at the second office now, and the medical group's computer is not working right so somehow the fax didn't get forwarded to where it needed to be and just got ignored at the first office; then the pharmacist called the doctor but the doctor wouldn't call back; then the pharmacist got ahold of the doctor but told me that the doctor declined the refill.
Pharmacist: "Yes the doctor actually declined your refill. And you know, with this type of medication, you're not supposed to go on and off it like that, right?"
Me: "Uh, yeah, thats probably why I feel like puking right now, huh."
Pharmacist: "Yeah, good luck with that."
Naw, they didn't really say that last part. But, jeez!
Anyway, after finding creative ways to entertain a 14-month-old in Walgreens for an hour, I went home still unmedicated, called the doctor, and said, "WTF?"
And the doctor's receptionist said she had told the pharmacist the refill was approved for thirty days of pills. She gave me her name and told me to tell them to call her if they didn't believe me.
So I called the pharmacist, told them what was going on, gave them the receptionist's name, etc, etc, etc.
Ended up just driving through Walgreens after Abby got home from school, and got my prescription finally! And they gave it to me for free!
So, now I'm back on my meds. Unfortunately I also got a horrid sinus infection, which sometimes happens when I go off my meds because I guess my immune system just gets weak from all the confusion.
Yesterday I also took the little girls to the Farmer's Market, where we bought some fresh banana bread, kettle corn, and blueberries. I love Farmer's Markets! We've been living on the banana bread all day now.
SO I guess we're going to the pool in a little bit, but I'm not sure if I'll go because I don't feel like being all wet and shivery while I have this horrid stuffy nose, you know what I mean?
Yeah, you know.

In other news... I've been doing some writing for Associated Content to get extra money. Check out all my articles:

Angelo Secchi - the Scientist that History Forgot
Many people assume that religion and science contradict each other. But some of science's biggest discoveries were made by a Jesuit priest!
View more »

Girls with ADHD: A Different Kind of Deficit
Statistics show that boys are 3 to 9 times more likely than girls to have ADHD. Yet, in adults, ADHD occurs equally among men and women. Why aren't girls being diagnosed, and who is paying the price?
View more »


Reading to Infants and Toddlers - What and How to Read to Your Baby
Reading to an infant or toddler is much different from reading to a preschooler. But if you choose the right books, you'll be on the right path to raising a bookworm!
View more »
The Twelve Days of Summer by Jan Andrews
Don't just read this book to your child! Enjoy it together, and then use the story to do interesting projects together,
View more »
The Twelve Days of Summer by Jan Andrews
Don't just read this book to your child! Enjoy it together, and then use the story to do interesting projects together,
View more »
Creating a Sensory Box for Your Child
Some kids just love to get messy! A sensory box will allow them to get elbow-deep in messy fun!
View more »
Activity Themes for Family Fun
Use themes to come up with activity ideas for your whole family to enjoy!
View more »
Activity Themes for Family Fun
Use themes to come up with activity ideas for your whole family to enjoy!
View more »


You can also visit my Associated Content Profile to subscribe and get updated whenever I write anything new!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to add?