2008-04-05

Saturday Is My Favorite Day!

Saturday is my favorite day in the world. I could deal with the rest of the week easily, just knowing that Saturday is at the end of it!
Today was another beautiful day. In Chicago where I live, as soon as it starts looking like spring, everyone's mood lifts so much and everyone wants to go outside right away! We went to the Riverwalk in Naperville, where you can walk along the river and feed the ducks and geese. We fed ducks and geese, stopped at a park where Abby and I rolled down a huge hill (man was I dizzy!)and then went to a playground where we all played on the swings! Then, afterwards, we all went to the best ice cream place in the world, Cold Stone Creamery! I had chocolate cake batter ice cream with coconut mixed in.
By the time we finished all that, it was time to drop Brandon and Abby off at their dad's house. So now its just me and Diana at home with Hayden. Jimmy and John are still at work.
Diana says we're going to try to do something really fun with the kids every Saturday, right before we take them to their dad's. That way we get to have fun and spend a lot of quality time together, and when we are all tired, we can drop the big kids off with their dad, and RELAX! Man, I love Brandon and Abby, but when you are with them all the time, it feels like a huge break to just have some quiet time! Hayden is still here, but she's small and manageable. Except she has had diarreah for the past two days. That part is not very manageable.
I had so much fun today. I feel like if I just kept on having great days once in a while, it would be a natural cure for a lot of my depression and anxiety!
Diana broke up with Jimmy last night, by the way. Except Diana says not a whole lot is going to change, because Jimmy will still be around and everything. The results have yet to be seen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to add?