2008-01-26

Wormies


So. My dog has been having diarreah since we first got her. At first we thought it was because of all the stress of having been on death row in the pound, then rescued by the Almost Home Foundation people, and then coming to live with us. Then, we thought it was the food she was eating. Then we thought maybe it was the treats. Finally my mom took her to the vet, and it turned out that it was none of the above! Instead, she has worms!
I now understand why my dog is constantly hungry, yet never seems to gain any weight. On the other hand, now when she begs for food while I'm eating, I don't have to feel guilty about sharing. I know it won't make her sick or unhealthy. I'm basically just giving her intestinal parasites a little snack!
Luckily she got dewormed at the vet. Now the worms will come out in her poop.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't make it out there yesterday....I had the worst cramps and I was basically camped out on the couch oding on vicodin. Ugh.

Anyway, I'd still love to come out there - maybe one night this week? When are you available?

-Diana

Post a Comment

Got anything to add?