2008-01-01

Snack Time At Work


Me: Hi! WOuld you like a snack? We have carrots and celery and dip.
Resident 1: Well, I need something! I told these people not to lift me up so hard, and two people came in here and, WHOMP, lifted me so hard I think my ribs cracked! So anyway, what did you want?
Me: I wanted to know if you want a snack.
Resident: Oh. Sure. Thanks.

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 2: I'm gonna die!
Me: Oh.

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 3: What? A snack? What kind of a snack? Let me see! Well... no.

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 4: Get the hell out of here!

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 5: No, but would you mind moving my table over to the left a little bit? Thanks. And can you get me a Diet Dr. Pepper from my fridge? And a glass of ice? No, I need more ice than that! Could you get my Q-tips out of the drawer there? And put my pillow over here? What are the activities for the day? I thought we were going to play Bingo today! We're not playing Bingo? But we always play Bingo! Can you find out who my aide is for tonight?
Me: Bye.

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 6: Thats all we're having for dinner?
Me: No, its just a snack!
Resident 6: We're not having dinner tonight?
Me: We're still having dinner. This is just a snack.
Resident 6: A what?
Me: A SNACK!
Resident 6: You want me to eat that right now>
Me: Only if you want to.
Resident 6: Csn I still have dinner?

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 7: Do you have any wine?
Me: No, you can order wine at dinner.
Resident: Oh, then no thank you. Can you get me some wine?

Me: Hi! Would you like a snack? We have veggies and dip!
Resident 8: Yes, that would be wonderful!
(5 minutes later...)
Resident 8: What do you have there?
Me: Veggies and dip!
Resident 8: Can I have some? I'm starving!
Me: You're hungry? You had some already!
Resident 8: No, I didn't!
Me: Yeah you did! Look, you still have some dip that you spilled on your shirt! And the plate is still in your hand!
Resident 8: Oh, then I guess I did.
Me: Would you like some more?
Resident 8: Yes please!

Resident 7: When are you bringing the wine?

::sigh::

4 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

You must be such a patient person!

Heather said...

Hello, thanks for visiting our blog! I used to bring my kids to visit at a nursing home but it got to be too stressful when I had baby #3. I miss it though. I like resident #8! I wish I had veggies and dip now!

karina said...

lol...yep..
sounds like a typical
3:00 oclock appetizer activity...

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

LOL! Sounds like my job, too!

Post a Comment

Got anything to add?